Time has gone by so fast! My Christmas day’s have been spent in the company of some my favorite people; my family. Christmas is a holiday that is traditionally spent with family and i have no problem with that at all; my family rocks!
Christmas Eve was my alone evening, no plans, so i just relaxed on the couch and went to bed early because i had the work on christmas morning (on Wednesday & Thursday morning too).
On christmas day we had a great traditional diner over at my parents house with my mom’s side of the family. Unfortunately not everyone was able to be there. Some were celebrating with other relatives & my oldest cousin was/ is still in the hospital. Hopefully next year we’ll all be together again, but we all have our family weekend in may to look forward too!
Boxing day i spent the afternoon/ evening with my dad’s side. For many years we spend it at my aunt & uncle’s, but they are retired now and are spending the winter months in Spain. Luckily we did get to Skype! So for the second year now we went over to my other uncle’s, now in his new house. It was so fun because we sort of had an introduction round before we pigged out on all the delish food. The ‘introduction’ of course wasn’t because we don’t know each other (duh we’re a close family) but just to get up-to-date with what is going on in everybody’s life. A great idea that my mom came up with!
But i’m afraid that all that fun and eating took a little toll on me. Yesterday and today i’ve been having a sore throat, earache and a slight fever. No fun, but it’s no as serious that its overshadowing the last couple of day’s. Because despite the aches this christmas was great!
Getting a bit more personal during the darker days of the year.So here we go!
1) Do you like to stay in your PJ’s, or dress up for Christmas? I love to dress up for Christmas, being all festive & chic while spending the day/ afternoon/ evening with my family. But when i don’t go over to family i absolutely stay in my PJ’s & hang around the house, watch movies, series or do just whatever
2) If you could only buy one person a present this year who would it be? It’s hard to choose one & i really wouldn’t. So what i would do is have christmas party & invite everyone who is near & dear to my me & thank them for everything they have ment & done for me this past year
3) Do you open your presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? We don’t get & or exchange present at christmas, but if we did, i’d go for Christmas Morning. I mean how can you open present if Santa hasn’t even been to your house yet?!
4) Have you ever built a Gingerbread house? I never have to be honest, but i would really would love to. Maybe i should get a kit from Ikea next year.
5) What do you like to do on your Christmas break? When i was still in school & swimming fanatically i would just have swim practice, hang out from my friends & do nothing. And honestly i still do the same thing only without the swim practices.
6) Favorite Christmas meal or treat? Hmmm… i love everything haha
7) What’s your favorite holiday movie? The Holiday, Love Actually, 12 men of Christmas, & loads more. I’m a sucker for a good cheesy Christmas flick
8) Candy Canes or Gingerbread Men? Candy Canes & Gingerbread man!
9) Have you ever made a Snowman? Of course!
10) Which do you like better, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? I love them both, espacially when i spent it with my family
11) White lights, or colored lights? White lights definitief, no doubt.
The season is almost upon us. Only 6 Sundays and so only 48 nights until christmas! And so it’s beginning to look a lot like christmas too. You start to see and read more and more Christmas related stuff everywhere. Tree ornaments, decoration inspirations, delish food ideas and of course like every year all the different Christmas ‘attire’ that is out there.
And when it comes to all the Christmas themed ‘attire’ i’m honestly astonished at how many Christmas themed sweaters have been made and are still alive and kicking in this universe. Just take a look at Pinterest and especially on the Ugly Christmas Sweaters board created by Applepiepieces. She made finding the ugliest Christmas sweater into a contest.If you want and you have an ugly Christmas sweater, just pin a picture of the sweater onto her board. You never know what good can come of an ugly piece of fabric.
I myself have never been so lucky to own an ugly sweater and i think that that’s a shame. Yes a shame, because you know what? They’re actually pretty cool and popular too. You can even buy them online here. I swear that if i had the money, i would really think about ordering a pretty ugly one. Just so i could wear it to my family christmas diner!
But i don’t have the money, so maybe, just maybe i’ll go digging for an old sweater and make me my own pretty ugly Christmas sweater!