I caved… I’ve seen it a couple of times around here on the net, but after seeing a YouTube version (which is pretty funny & totally her i think (since i don’t really ‘know’ her)) on Emma’s Blog, i knew i had to do it to. So here’s my written, since i don’t do YouTube (yet?!? Maybe), 25 question tag.
1. Do you have any pets? I have a cat named Mickey, but he’s not living with me anymore. For a while i used to live in The Hague during the week and during that time he lived with my parents. When i got a new position and was able to commute every day, I thought it would be too much for him to move back with me so he stayed there
2. Name 3 things that are physically close to you. The tv remote, my agenda & a bottle of water
3. What’s the weather like right now? It was a sunny day, a really springy day. We’ve had winter temperatures for the last couple of weeks, so this is a breath of fresh air & definitely long overdue!
4. Do you drive? If so have you crashed? Yes I drive. I passed my driver’s test when i was 18, after 21 lessons (past the test the first time. #jeah) Did crash 3 times. Once with my aunts car & twice with my own. Not nice i can tell you!
5. What time did you wake up this morning*? I woke up at 6.30am & today is a Sunday btw. I work on Saturday & Sunday mornings, the breakfast shift in a hotel/ restaurant
6. When was the last time you showered? This afternoon, after coming home after work
7. What was the last movie you saw? That was Now is Good. An amazing film that I think everyone should watch
8. What does your last text message say? Let me see… “It’ll be okay sweetie. Thank you. Big kisses back” is the one i sent & the last one i got is: “But i’ll see you soon…Xx”
9. What’s your ringtone? It’s Agnes from Despicable me (YouTube link). For some people I do have an individual ringtone, but Agnes is my main one
10. Have you ever been to a different country? I have. I’ve been to Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, Bulgaria, Italy, India, Mexico & lived in America for a year
11. Do you like sushi? Nope. I’m not a fan of fish
13. Have you ever taken medication to help you fall asleep faster? Can’t say i have
14. How many siblings do you have? One big brother. He’s 3,5 years older & doesn’t live in the same town as me anymore. But love him to bits & love visiting him as often as I can
15. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? A laptop
16. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? I’ll be 35 in November # yikes
17. Do you wear contacts or glasses? I wear glasses. I do have contacts, wore them for a while, but during my military training it was easier to wear glasses instead of constantly taking out my contact for the physical stuff we had to do and putting them back in afterwards
18. Do you color your hair? For the last couple of years I haven’t. Do like my natural color now, but it’s been a variation of colors (no ‘weird’ ones tough)
19. Tell me something you are planning to do today. Going to the gym
20. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday*. What can i say an emotional girl
21. What is your perfect pizza topping? I love mozzarella, salami, pesto & ham
22. Which do you prefer-hamburgers or cheeseburgers? Hmmm both I guess
23. Have you ever had an all-nighter? Of course. When I was in my twenties (o dear that sounds so wrong/ old). Last time i tried was during the Super Bowl this year, but I failed miserably. Didn’t make it to the 4th & most exciting quarter. So sad i know
24. What is your eye color? Brown
25. Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke? I like to think I can yes. I’m a Pepsi Max girl, but do drink most other brands as well
Everything & everyone has history and a story. A history/ story that is mostly known by only a hand full of people. And if nobody tells these stories they will disappear, be forgotten with time so to speak. And then if we come across it, we have to guess and make up our versions. And that is fine by me. I like to let my mind wander and create a ‘new’ world. And thanks to a German photographer Sven Fennema i have some new ‘material’.
Sven Fennema seems to have a sixth sence for finding forgotten places and takes pictures of them. The pictures, like the ones below, show some amazing empty buildings & hidden gardens that the world has and that for some reason seem to te have been forgotten by almost everyone.
Sit back and enjoy them, you can also let your mind wonder! And if you want to see more, go over to his website, you can find more beauties there!
Source: Sven Fennema
According to the astronomical calendar today is the first day of spring. But when i look at the weather forecast for the coming days it´s not even gonna be close to any spring type of anything. We did have a taste of it at the beginning of the month, unfortunately to realize a day later that it was more of a hiccup by mother nature. Doesn´t she get that i & with me a lot of folks, need Spring to come really really really soon? Please i need it bad!!!
So to get a bit more in the mood for spring i decided to participate in the I <3 spring tag i saw over at Missglamorazzi’s YouTube channel! Here are the questions & my answers!
1. Favorite spring nail polish? I love bright & ‘real’ colors on my nails. I only paint my toenails. Why i don’t actually know, only that i don’t really like how my hand nails look painted. But what is my favorite color… i have to say pink (what else is new right?!)
2. Any favorite spring dress? I only have a couple of dresses, and hardly wear them, but my favorite is my black&white polka dot dress. I do have more skits and i can’t wait to wear them.
3. What’s your favorite flower? Daisies definitely. But i love to have tulips or little pink or white roses sitting on the table, makes it so fresh, springy and homely!
4. Favorite spring scarf/accessory? I’m a scarf girl so that’s what i always go for. I’m trying to extend my arm candy collection, but since i don’t have a lot of money it’s not really making any progress. Also what i find a nice spring bonus is that you start wearing your sunglasses. They can finish off an outfit like no other.
5. Favorite body spray/perfume for spring? My all time favorite & signature fragrance is Rem by Reminiscence. To me it smells like beach, sun tan lotion and the sea. But i did came across some amazing fragrances today at the store (Eau so Fresh by Marc Jacobs & Daisy by Marc Jacobs)
6. What’s your favorite thing about spring? Being able to sit outside even after sunset, leaving the garden doors open until you go to bed, going in to town for a quick cup/glass of something with friends/ family, than deciding to get some dinner, after that go for some drinks and for all of this you don’t even have to go to a different restaurant, you just sit your butt cheeks down at the terrace around 3pm & leave around 11pm (arriving & departure times may vary off course!). Also I love that (almost) everybody is in a much better mood; it seems that people laugh & openly enjoy life more when the sun is shining!
7. Are you a spring cleaner? No i am not. I do have my occasional cleaning urges, but that doesn’t have anything to do with the changing of the seasons.
8. Any plans for spring break or an upcoming vacation? A couple of trips for this spring have been planned; a family weekend to Terschelling & a weekend to the Ardennes with friends. So looking forward to both of them you have no idea!
We all had a moment during our live that we just wished the ground would open itself & swallow us. Or a moment that you simply just didn’t wanna be in a ‘space’ (physically or mentally) you were at that moment. Having a time machine would be would be awesome, something like the one in the big bang theory, or having an Harry Potter-like invisibility cloak, only as far is i know there is no such thing as a time machine or an invisibility cloak.
But what i do know now, thanks to Safestyle-windows, there is a secret doorway on the net that will virtually teleport you anywhere in the world! A perfect site to just dream away and escapen if you don’t feel like being where you are right now!
Just because i think it’s such ‘getting-stuck-in-your-head-in-a-positive-way’ song!